Welcome to My Wedding-To-Be.com!

At the wonderful suggestions of friends, I want to share a little bit about this site.

I started in the event planning business almost 4 years ago and fell in love with it right away. I started to gain all this knowledge of how to work with a budget, how to deal with difficult vendors and clients, what were great venues and what weren't and so much more! When my friends starting getting married and I thought I have to share this information - and so it began.

To all the Brides-To-Be, Grooms-To-Be and everyone involved, welcome to My Wedding-To-Be! Please feel free to ask me questions, tell everyone stories and even answer questions and make suggestions of the good, the bad and the ugly. Also know that it doesn’t have to be all about weddings – it could be about any event planning!

Congratulations and Have Fun!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Guests “Gifts”

Welcome to the wonderful world of wedding gift giving, in my opinion one of the most anti-climatic gift giving experience.

Don’t get me wrong, it is wonderful to buy a blender for the newlyweds– maybe even a stainless steel one! It is a comfortable gift buying incident, you know they want it, they know they will most likely get it; it’s a win-win situation.

However, maybe the Bride, Groom and the checkbook are not thinking about other things they really want in respect to their wedding… maybe they have been living together for years and have a stainless steel blender and they just don’t need another one. Maybe they would rather have really fun favors for all their wedding guests.
If you, as a guest, the Bride & Groom, and the wallet think outside the box a little maybe you can all walk away with a true sense of gift giving (and receiving) bliss and a great memory of really pitching in to send the newlyweds into married life with some style!

The chances the Bride & Groom will ask for these things are pretty slim, speak up and offer and if they insist “no” then it’s back to the ‘ol registry …

- Wedding Cake
- Invitations, Menu Cards, Place Cards etc.
- Special Linens, Glassware etc.
- Wedding Favors
- Centerpieces
- Bridal Party Bouquets & Boutonnières

No comments: